How to do URL filtering with Tenda router w316R
The network topo structure can be show as below：
Sometimes to facilitate your management over LAN computers’ access to websites, you can block LAN computers from visiting certain websites by setting the “URL Filter”.
Steps are following:
1. Open your web browser and type the IP Address of router (the default is http://192.168.0.1) into the address bar and press “ENTER”.
2. We come to the login page. Click the tag “Advanced Settings”.
3. Click the “Security Settings” à ”URL Filter”->Click the “OK” to save the settings.
(1) choose the filter mode.
(2) Input the start IP and End IP.
(3) In put the URL string you would like to filter and set the time and date during which the URL take effects.
(4) Click “OK” to save your settings.
1) For example, you want to block the computers whose IP Address is 192.168.0.2- 192.168.0.3 to access the websites that include “baidu.com” from 8:00 am to 22:00 pm from Monday to Friday.
After setting like this, computers whose IP address is 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.3 can not visit www.baidu.com from Monday to Friday during 8:00 -22:00.
2) Also you can set another way,just allow the computers whose IP Address is 192.168.0.2-192.168.0.3 to access the websites that include “tenda.com” form 8:00 am to 22:00 pm form Monday to Friday.
After setting like this, we can see only computers whose IP address is 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.3 can visit www.tenda.com from Monday to Friday during 8:00-22:00.
1. The filter mode include “disable”/”forbid only”/”permit only”.
2. You can click “clear” to clear the item you have set .